FAIRFIELD FUNDING SCHOLARSHIP
Calling all current and prospective college students! Fairfield Funding is ready to give back by giving YOU money for college through our 1st annual scholarship competition!
Fairfield Funding realized there is a huge need for prospective and current college students to focus more on their finances in order to prepare for success in the future. Our 2nd annual scholarship competition will result in one prospective or current student receiving $1,000.00 in support of their college education!
Eligibility Requirements (official rules)
- Must be a US Citizen or permanent resident
- Must be currently enrolled or in enrollment process at an accredited university, college, or trade school within the United States
- Limited to one (1) entry per person
Fairfield Funding employees and their immediate families are NOT eligible for entry
- Minimum GPA of 3.0
- Step-by-Step Scholarship Entry Process
1. Draft a 650 to 1,000-word essay using the prompt below:
"On average, about 80% of Americans owe money to a creditor of some form. What specific steps can you do to become and/or stay debt free? After you are debt free, how do you plan to save for your future? Where do you see yourself financially in 10 years?”
2. Next, send your essay submission to [email protected]. The email should include your attached essay as well as the below information:
- Full Name
- Date of Birth (mm/dd/yyyy)
- Current Address
- Phone Number
- Email Address
- Name of University, college, or trade school where you are currently enrolled or plan to enroll.
3. After the submission deadline, our Team will review each essay and select a winner no later than July 1, 2020. The winner will be contacted with the good news by Fairfield Funding shortly after a selection has been made.
Our judges will grade entries using a basic 1-5-point scale on the following criteria:
• Focus – Is your essay focused on the topic, purposeful and does it provide original insight and ideas?
• Support – Does your essay support your main point persuasively with great reasoning and examples?
• Organization – Does the essay organize ideas to build a clear argument?
• Style & Language – Did you use style to enhance the meaning of the language?
• Spelling & Punctuation – Did you use correct grammar, punctuation and spelling?
THE SCHOLARSHIP COMPETITION AWARD
• Scholarship Award Amount: $1,000
• Number of Winners Annually: 1
• The final Award amount will be paid with a check made payable to the college, university or trade school you have shown proof of enrollment in and will be credited directly to your tuition for the current semester.
• Winner will be notified by phone and/or email within fourteen (14) days of selection.
Last Day to Enter: (07/01/2020)