Amount you will receive
Main factors that determine the amount of money you will receive in exchange for your structured settlement payments.
- How much are you willing or able to sell?
- The amount you are willing or able to sell is a factor because the larger the payment you have to sell, the more money you can anticipate receiving. For example, if you are selling $300.00 a month, you will receive less money than someone that can sell $1,000.00 a month.
- Future dates of your payments.
- Any payment coming sooner will be worth more than a payment coming later. All present payments are worth more than future payments because of inflation and the time value of money.
- For example, a payment coming due in 2020 will be worth a lot more than a payment due in 2035.
- The discount rate applied to your transaction
- The discount rates applied to these transactions can range anywhere from 6.0% to 25% depending on several factors.
- Who the insurance company paying your annuity is.
- If your insurance company is a large well-rated company with no financial concerns, the payments they issue are worth more than let’s say a lower rated insurance company with a higher potential to have financial problems in the future.
Let us help you get started.
Get your free quote today.