Keeping our customers information secure is a top priority at Fairfield Funding. We respect the privacy concerns of our customers who obtain products or services from us. This notice was created to help you understand what information we collect and how we may disclose it. Fairfield Funding applies the same policies to former customers that it applies to current customers.
When you apply to Fairfield Funding for any type of financial service, including a cash advance or a cash payout, you disclose certain information to us. It is a general policy of Fairfield Funding to maintain strict confidentiality with regard to all information obtained in the course of our business.
Specifically, it is Fairfield Funding’s policy to:
Collect only information necessary or relevant to our business; use only legitimate means to collect information; disclose information to third parties only for legitimate business purposes and as allowed by law; and limit access to your personal information only to those who need to know.
What types of information does Fairfield Funding collect about you and from whom?
We obtain most of our information directly from you on the application, contract, supporting documents or in telephone conversations throughout your relationship with Fairfield Funding. Depending on the nature of your transaction, we may need additional information about you or others who may have an interest in your settlement.
When necessary, we may obtain non-public personal information about you from some or all of the following sources: Financial Information, such as credit history, banking information and account numbers;
Public Records, such as a drivers license number, judgments, liens, bankruptcies, divorces, probate, and other civil and criminal court proceedings;
Consumer Reporting Agencies, such as credit reports;
Employment Information, such as your income, occupation and employer; and
General Information, such as date of birth, social security number, phone, fax, email, street, and mailing address; Insurance or Annuity Policy information, such as annuity contract specifics, beneficiaries, and payments due to you.
What does Fairfield Funding do with the information collected about you?
We review the information collected about you when evaluating a transaction. We will also maintain this information in our contract records and may use it for purposes related to buying or lending against settlement payments and collecting pledged or assigned payments. Additionally, Fairfield Funding may use this information to identify opportunities for you to learn about additional products and services (including banking, insurance, and investment products) that may be of interest to you.
To whom does Fairfield Funding disclose information about you?
We recognize that some of our customers do not want their information shared with non-affiliated third parties for marketing purposes. Fairfield Funding does not participate in this practice. Therefore, you do not need to take any action regarding this notice except to file it with your contract.
We may disclose some or all of the non-public personal information we obtain about you to the following types of affiliated third parties for non-marketing purposes:
- Service Corporations – For example, we may share your non-public personal information with affiliated service companies so that they may underwrite applications and service and collect payments pledged or assigned by you. We are permitted by law to share non-public personal information about you with the following: regulatory agencies in connection with the regulation of our business, law enforcement or other governmental authorities to protect our legal interests or in cases of suspected fraud or illegal activities, persons authorized by subpoena, warrant or other court order as required by law, businesses that help us maintain our databases, security systems and website, and Information bureaus that assist us in verifying information on your application.
- We may disclose your information with non-affiliated companies, as allowed by law, as necessary to effect, process, administer, service or enforce a transaction you have requested.
- We may share your information with non-affiliated companies as allowed by law, such as firms that perform services on our behalf including product administration. We require these companies to meet strict privacy standards.
- We may share your information with non-affiliated investors, funders or lenders who are assisting us in processing, funding and completing the transaction you have requested.
- Health Information Practices – We will not share your health information with third parties for marketing purposes without your consent.
How does Fairfield Funding protect information about you?
Your non-public personal information is protected by law and the procedures described in this notice. Access to your non-public personal information is restricted to those affiliates, employees and/or third parties who need to know that information in order to issue and service your contract. We maintain physical, procedural and electronic safeguards to guard your non-public personal information.
What kind of information is collected through the website?
The only personally-identifiable information gathered through this website is the information that a user chooses to provide by filling out an online application or an information request form, which is provided to Fairfield Funding together with a code that identifies the web page that referred the user to our website. The forgoing is and have been our policies since December 1, 2008 and no material changes to the policy will be made without changes being made to this online Policy Statement.
If you have questions about the information in this notice, please write to us:
Customer Service-Privacy Coordinator
3424 Peachtree Road NE C-100
Atlanta, GA 30326
If you have any further questions, please visit our website at www.fairfieldfunding.com, write to us at the above address or contact us directly by calling 1-888-943-8637.